Invisalign is composed of a series of discreet clear plastic wire springs, with a clear plastic bracket attached to the end. The wires are strong enough to only be visible when the bracket has been removed or adjusted.
This article will provide information on a powerful orthodontic solution that can correct even the most severe dental problems.
In this post we will tell you what Invisalign is and why it’s such a useful treatment option for those seeking to improve their appearance.
Later, we’ll discuss the advantages of Invisalign and how it can help you achieve your orthodontic goals.
Invisalign is an all-in-one orthodontic treatment that’s custom made for your teeth. It aligns teeth with clear, plastic aligners that are worn over the teeth for approximately two years. Once the aligners are removed you’re free to eat whatever you want, talk however much you want and kiss whoever you want. The technology was created by Align Technology in 1993. They were originally intended to be used exclusively as an alternative to metal braces, with their discreet, plastic connecting wires and their ability to be removed or changed easily without the use of tools. The product quickly became very popular and received numerous endorsements from celebrities like Christina Aguilera and Katie Holmes. Because of their popularity, many dentists began offering Invisalign treatment options for their patients.
Sounds too good to be true, right? Not really. It really is that easy.
Advantages Of Invisalign
1) Custom fits. Invisalign adjusts teeth in 3 dimensions and the aligner’s fit is designed to be just right for each patient. Since the aligners are made specifically for you, they are custom tailored to your teeth so you get an exact fit every time.
2) No metal, no brackets. The aligners are made of clear plastic, so there are absolutely no metal wires or brackets to be seen.
3) Interchangeable Trays. Invisalign comes with an interchangeable tray that you can use to easily switch out your trays from day to day.
4) No pain. There is no physical discomfort associated with Invisalign since there aren’t any sharp edges or rough surfaces that could irritate your mouth.
5) No surgery. Unlike traditional braces that require a trip to the orthodontist’s office for multiple appointments and surgical procedures, Invisalign can be done completely at home without any help from your dentist. Your credit card stays wallet-size and you’re on your way to confidence in minutes.
6) Save money. The Invisalign treatment is more affordable than traditional braces which average $2,000 a month (or $20,000 over the course of the program). Those savings come from a more affordable treatment time (1 year instead of 2 years), no metal or brackets, and no trips to the orthodontist.
7) Save time. The treatment isn’t as lengthy as traditional braces which can take up to three years to complete. Plus, since you’re doing the treatment at home you save yourself hours of commuting and lost wages while away from work.
8) Calmer kids. Children aren’t as likely to misbehave or wreck their teeth while wearing Invisalign. They’re not going to pull them off because they don’t even know they’re there. Parents are more likely to find their children sitting quietly if they can’t see the aligners.
9) Practical, everyday solution. Invisalign lets you get on with your life without people having to look at a metal contraption in your mouth or you having to worry about hiding your smile because of unsightly brackets or wires.
10) Less maintenance. Unlike traditional braces which are so deeply embedded in your teeth that it’s nearly impossible to get them adjusted at all, Invisalign doesn’t require any special care or maintenance. Just use it and forget it.
The Bottom Line
Invisalign is a powerful alternative orthodontic treatment for those seeking to improve their appearance, sensibly manage their finances, combat the damaging effects of bad dental habits and achieve their orthodontic goals.